Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Newbie here!

So, it's time to attempt this blog. I used to blog daily, but with the death of Myspace, and no resurrection in sight, I am going to start a new one. No blog is any fun reading if you don't feel like you know the author, so here's a little about me.

I am 28 and live in South Mississippi. I am a working wife and mother, I have a chihuahua, 2 cats, and a rabbit as pets. My daughter is 7 years old and keeps me on my toes with karate (3x a week, but we're lucky to make it to twice a week) Girl Scouts (Thank God, cookie sales are over) and 2nd grade homework (geez teachers, lighten the load on these kids!!).

My husband works full time as well and has many hobbies. He plants an organic garden, and likes to work out in the yard and we have a beautiful flower bed in the summer. He has decided that we as a family will join this "Go Green" movement. So *I* have a battery powered lawn mower *I* have been forced to use. We no longer use chemicals for cleaning, we limit our water usage (he more so than I) We eat more organic foods etc. My gas guzzling, carbon footprint leaving SUV has lost it's parking spot in the garage, to make room for bins for recycling, and his "treasures" he finds on the side of the road that was considered "trash" to someone else. Oh well, he lets me have my hobbies, I let him have his. It's all about 50/50 folks, 50/50.

I work full time (12 hour days, might I add) at our local Sheriff's office as a dispatcher. And, yes, I have some stories I could tell. Maybe you will hear some one day, in a bad day rant. I am educated, but because of the overuse of the internet (internet memes will eventually make everyone stupid), my grammar has suffered. So if you are an English major be advised, I am completely aware that I use commas too frequently and often in wrong places. I will have typo's and I guilty of run on sentences.

Now with all that being said, I enjoy doing arts and crafts, cooking, riding my bike, and bargain hunting. This blog will be a big mixture of all of this stuff. I am still wet behind the ears with sewing. But I enjoy making baby blankets, and little girl dresses for my friends. I haven't started selling any of it yet, because quite frankly, it's just not good yet. I have started making breads a lot lately, and boy is it yummy.

So with all that said, let's get this party started eh?

4 comments:

mate said...

Yeaaa, happy to read your blog, I'm sure it will be very goooooooooood. I hope to have soon 911 stories. A bientôt !!!!

Bookem8 said...

Wow!!!! This was awesome!!!! I have the privilege to know you in person, so this is going to be fun to follow!!!!

billie gray said...

These are awesome going to get u to make me a couple keep it up girl

Billie Gray said...

keep the good work up girl I will have u too make me a couple in a few weeks