Saturday, September 11, 2010

Keepsake Pillows!

I ran across this tutorial on how to make Keepsake pillow. I fell in love! What a wonderful idea for a present! I made one for my wonderful next door neighbor just to play around. I am not sure how the girl that made the tutorial got her year or the names of the kids on the pillow. I am going to play around with different ideas until I figure something out. But I think they would be at hit with the grandparents for gifts!!!


This was what it looked like before I ruined it with Fabric paint. LOL. I really have to figure out how to get the names and year on it. 25 years from now, the kids will ask how old they were and well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I won't remember LOL

And this is after I ruined it with the fabric paint. Luckily neighbor is awesome, and still said she loved it. I really do like the idea, I just need some further tweaking on the idea ha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable idea! I want to learn how to sew soon also. Good luck!

MirandAndaDanda said...

Thanks! It was a fun idea to do! I am attempting my first "apron shirt" as we speak. It seems a lot easier than it actually is! ha!